Holiday Train Coming Through The Capital Region
We love this tradition that passes through cities and towns in the Capital Region. The Holiday Train will be coming through the area again. Here is all the information you need to see the festive train near you. Get ready because the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train is celebrating twenty years collecting food and money for the food banks across North America. According to saratoga.com, the train will reach the Capital Region and the Adirondacks Monday November 26th and 27th.
It's fun for the whole family. The train is decked out in holiday lights and they make a stop for 10-15 minutes in each city. The middle box cars open up and there is a live band and music to celebrate the season. The event is free and and local food banks accept donations at each stop.
We had a lot of fun hanging out at the stop in Mechanicville. The whole community came out and the train stopped at the end of my mom's street.
Here is the schedule:
Monday November 26th:
- Mechanicville - Parking lot of the Elks Lodge across from Stewart's (corner of Park and Railroad) at 5:45pm
- Saratoga Springs - at the Amtrak station at 7:20pm
Tuesday November 27th
- Fort Edward - Amtrak Station at 12:35 pm
- Ticonderoga - Pell's crossing, Amtrak waiting area, Route 74 at 3:10 pm
- Port Henry - Amtrak Station at 4:30 pm