14 Underappreciated Things I’m Thankful For
Thanksgiving. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the whole concept of 'giving thanks' is weird. We don't really 'give' thanks. We may express or verbalize what we are thankful for, or show appreciation toward the things in our lives we may normally take for granted, but I for one have never given out 'thanks' on Thanksgiving. I've also never left my sisters house feeling full off of the 'thanks' I received. I'm full - thanks in part - to the copious amounts of food I stuffed in my pie hole and went back to have seconds. I'm thankful I have health, family, good friends, a job, a roof over my head blah blah blah...but with that being said, here are some of the underappreciated things I'm thankful for this holiday season.
- I'm thankful that Frozen 2 was really good. I'm even more thankful that no one saw me tear up a few times during it.
- I'm thankful that when I ask my 4-year-old if he needs to use the potty before before the movie starts and he says 'no' , that he doesn't change his mind 10 minutes in.
- I'm thankful that my Dallas Cowboys play on Thursday (Thanksgiving) this week so that I don't have to wait until Sunday for them to shit the bed.
- I'm thankful that my amazing girlfriend Samantha leaves notes on dry erase boards around the house that remind me to do things that I would normally probably not do. Like putting things away, closing the lids to things and leaving the toilet seat down.
- On the subject of leaving the toilet seat down, it's 2019. Us men use the bathroom 50 percent of the time, can't we just as easily complain about women not leaving the seat up? I'm thankful that I finally found a blog post where I can start this debate.
- I'm thankful that I have two parents that love the living daylights out of their family, especially my sister. They call her for everything...
- I'm thankful that my sister answers their calls, because I'm next on the list.
- I'm thankful that my job allows to talk about this type of content on the radio and pays me to do it. Then, gives me a three minute break to think of more stuff while I play Luke Combs.
- I'm thankful that every time I walk next to my son, he automatically holds his little hand up for me to hold it, knowing it will always be there. On the rare occasion he forgets, I reach for his hand and he grabs it without delay.
- I'm thankful that the only neighbor in my building who makes annoying small-talk with me, just moved to Indiana.
- I'm thankful that this year for Thanksgiving, my family is "scaling back" meaning they're not cooking a whole bird...only the breast. I hated carving that fkng thing every year.
- I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore, but I'm thankful for the group of my old high school friends that I chat and text with regularly who have never grown up.
- I'm thankful that Melatonin helps me sleep each day and that finally something works inside my body that I don't need a prescription for.
- I'm thankful that I have a lot to be thankful for during the time of year we express (not give) thanks.
Enter your number to get our mobile branded app