In July, a Saratoga County man died after he was infected by the Powassan virus carried by an infected tick. Since then, the Health Department had expanded its tick collection and testing effort. Now the results are in and the findings are concerning.
We are at the end of Lyme Disease Awareness Month, and in recognition, officials from The New York State Health Department and Saratoga County health officials conducted what they’re calling “tick sweeps”.
As if high cholesterol, heart disease and the potential for Mad Cow aren’t bad enough, now red meat lovers have another threat to contend with — an allergic reaction to beef potentially triggered by a bite from the common lone star tick.
I couldn't believe it. We let the little guy out, he squats in the woods for a moment and does his thing. That's his entire experience with "the wild". Otherwise he walks on the street. How did he get lime disease? Well, I guess he's not alone.