Target Employees Sue Over Racist Training Guide
I am not racist, I'm pretty sure of that. At the same time being a white male, I don't think I am qualified to say what is or isn't racist as I don't think I have ever been in that situation. I do think however, that this "training guide" is ridiculous and even moronic. I don't know that it is worthy of a lawsuit. Although, as with many things I think , I could be very wrong.
I swear it almost seems like a joke but apparently these "Organization Effectiveness, Employee and Labor Relations Multi-Cultural Tips" were used in one of Target's distribution centers in Sacramento California.
Check out 6 of the "tips":
1. Not everyone eats tacos and burritos.
2. Not everyone dances to salsa.
3. Not everyone wears a sombrero.
4. Mexicans have a lower education level, and some may be undocumented.
5. Cubans are political refugees, legal, and have a higher education level.
6. They may say, "OK, OK" and pretend to understand, when they do not, just to save face.
Target has said that while this document was used at one of their distribution centers, it is NOT part of any formal company training. They also apologized to any team members int may have offended.