Seniors Eat Free At 10 Local Restaurants
There has been a grant given that provides seniors to eat free at restaurants across Albany County. Here are the details. According to Spotlight News, a federal grant is enabling senior citizens living in Albany County to be able to dine out at ten participating restaurants. It is called the "Go & Dine" program that is aimed to help those seniors who tend to be socially isolated. This allows them to go to restaurants and enjoy the atmosphere of eating out without having to pay for dinner. There are close to sixty-eight thousand seniors over sixty in Albany County that can take advantage of this program.
The menus at the participating restaurants are pre-fixed in compliance with federal Innovations in Nutrition which is the program the grant was generated from. Restaurants will have unique menus for the program. If you are interested in this program you must register by calling the Department for Aging 518-447-7198. After you register, you will get vouchers for the meals.
Albany County is one of the first counties in New York state to offer the "Go & Dine" program. Here is a list of the participating restaurants.
- Tesoro’s- 2080 Western Avenue, Guilderland
- Elevation Burger – 664 New Loudon Road, Latham
- Lazeez – 35 Central Avenue, Albany
- Shaker Pointe Restaurant – One Bell Tower Drive, Watervliet
- Hungerford Market and Café – 106 Maple Avenue, Altamont
- Martel’s – 65 O’Neil Road, Albany
- Emma Cleary’s 1926 New Scotland Road, Slingerlands
- Trackside Pizza and More – Coeymans
- Bob’s Diner, 929 19th Street, Watervliet