How to Make a Mask Without Sewing [Video]
Since the governor declared that everyone will have to wear a mask in public, people are scrambling around to find one. All you need are these three items to make one yourself and there is no sewing involved. You will first need an old t-shirt, a pair of scissors, and a measuring tape or ruler. Just follow these steps and watch the video below to create your do-it-yourself mask.
- Cut the seam off of the bottom. You will have one long string.
- Cut that into two strips. Set aside.
- Measure the width of the t-shirt (make sure you have 18 inches).
- Measure the length of the t-shirt to 8 inches. Then cut across.
- Cut the sides of that piece and now you will have enough for two masks.
- Use one piece of fabric. This will be the base of your mask.
- Then take the string pieces and tie them together on one end.
- Place one side of the string 4 inches in on one side of the fabric and do the same on the other side.
- Fold one side (with the sting in it) then fold the other side (with the string in it) until they overlap a little.
- Take the tied end and place it over your head.
- Adjust the mask to cover your nose.
- Take the two strings at the bottom and pull. (This will sinch them)
- Tie those around your neck and adjust your mask to cover your face.
- This will make your mask taught to your face.
- You have created your own mask using just three items.