This weekend was a hot one, but it was hot for much different reasons at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill restaurant in Albany on Saturday evening.

They happen to have fire in their name, but I'm sure Smokey Bones wasn't planning on an actual fire growing within their facilities, I mean, no one is ever planning on that, right? A call to 911 was reported around 5:45pm on Saturday and patrons and employees were quickly exited from the building to safety.

courtesy of Christina Secor facebook
courtesy of Christina Secor facebook

Thankfully the fire itself was contained rather quickly with fire fighters being on the scene for less than two hours. According to a friend of mine on Facebook, "the hoods above the fryer caught on fire, then caught the ventilation system..."

This isn't the first fire though according to Facebook posts. One former employee states their last day at the restaurant the dishwasher caught fire.

More From 107.7 WGNA