Enfamil Baby Formula Pulled from Wal-Mart Shelves
The 10-day old infant died from a rare bacterial infection. Tests are in progress to determine any other factors and, of course, whether the formula was the contributor. It is possible that the water that was mixed with the powder had the bacteria or the contamination came from somewhere else.
Chris Perille, a spokesperson for Mead Johnson Nutrition, the maker of the formula, stated:
"We are highly confident in the safety and quality of our products -- and the rigorous testing we put them through."
The lot number of the Enfamil batch potentially contaminated is ZP1K7G. The container is a 12.5 oz canister. Consumers can call 1-800-BABY-123 with concerns or questions.