Do This Trick To Fall Asleep in Under A Minute
If you're someone who can fall asleep within five minutes every night, congratulations you don't need this, and everyone hates you.
But, if you're a woman, try this!
It's called the "4-7-8" exercise. Supposedly it can help you fall asleep in under a minute.
There are five simple steps.
1. Press the tip of your tongue behind your top front teeth, and keep it there the entire time. It's a yoga breathing trick. I know it's weird, just do it!
2. Exhale through your mouth, and make a whooshing sound while you do it.
3. Close your mouth and breathe in slowly through your nose for four seconds.
4. Hold your breath for seven seconds.
5. Slowly exhale through your mouth for eight seconds, and make the whooshing sound again.
Then repeat the whole thing three more times. So basically, you breathe in through your nose for four seconds . . . hold your breath for seven . . . and breathe out through your mouth for eight seconds. That's why it's called the "4-7-8" exercise.
The reasoning? Breathing in for four seconds helps you take in more oxygen. Holding your breath gives it a little more time to absorb into your bloodstream, and breathing out slowly for eight seconds slows your heart rate down.
So, if you're like me and you simply can not get to sleep at night because you're thinking about work, the kids, groceries, how much is in your checking account, what the hell are you gonna wear tomorrow, etc... Try this and see if it works! What have you got to lose?