Battle the Saddest Day of the Year With These Quick Tips You Can Do At Work
This week is, according to experts, the most depressing week of the year. But, we are trying to help! Here's a quick list of things you can do while you're at work or home on the couch that will, no doubt, make you feel better!
1. Make a gratitude list - write down 3 things you are grateful for today. These can be as simple as coffee, leggings and chocolate, or more complex, like non-fat lattes, chaps, and hot fudge sundaes.
2. Take a mental vacation - in your mind, go somewhere that you have been and loved, or where you'd like to go.
3. Look at pics of puppies and kitties - it may sound lame, but you know it's nearly impossible to look at pictures of adorable baby animals without cracking a smile.
4. Take a power nap. 10 - 15 minutes may be all you need to get a fresher outlook going.
5. Meditate - just 2 minutes of silence and focusing on your breath can help you feel more relaxed, focused and happy.
6. Stand or sit up straight - even temporarily improving your posture will make you feel more confident, alert, and cheerful.
7. Listen to a song that makes your happy - what's your current feel good number? Pull it up on youtube and shake it a little.
8. Do something nice for someone - hold the door, give a compliment, buy an extra coffee for the receptionist - even a tiny gesture toward someone else will make you feel better about yourself.
11. Smile. Even if you think you don't have a reason - get those teeth out!