Are These Really the 9 Reasons Millennials Won’t Have Babies?
This morning we talked about this incredible article from therooster.com that is spreading around the internet like a freaking wildfire. It's all about the many reasons millennials are choosing not to have children, and I think it's really interesting and quite telling.
A few times while reading the article I thought the author must be joking, but no.
I'm an older millennial and I have two kids, ages 10 and 6. I have to admit, if I wouldn't have been surprised by my beautiful daughter 10 years ago, I would have probably opted out of the baby-race, too, and some of these reasons are spot on.
Check 'em out:
1. Poor as Hell
2. Traffic and high rent are making them miserable
3. Pregnancy is not HOT
4. They know they will be terrible parents
5. The world sucks right now
6. They want careers
7. Because these days people have careers for selfish reasons
8. Because babies don't fix anything
9. They don't even need a reason, they just don't want them, so quit asking
So, what do you think? Do any of these reasons speak to you? Do you agree or disagree with them? What does this say about millennials?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.