You’ll Send About 900,000 Emails in Your Life (And More Useless Facts About Work)
Do you think you're wasting your life at your pointless job? Well, you are!
This morning on the show, Sean and I gave you 8 facts demonstrating just how deeply you're drowning in emails, faxes, coffee, and pointless meetings. From a great new study of terrible stats about the average person's career.
1. The average person will work full time for 47 years. That's from approximately age 21 to 68. And you'll work around 230 days each of those years, or 10,810 total days.
2. You'll drink 22,578 cups of coffee, or about two a day.
3. You'll get into 439 arguments with coworkers and disagree with your boss 816 times. That means you'll think your boss is an idiot about 17 times per year.
4. You'll send and receive a total of 868,560 emails.
5. You'll be late 940 times.
6. You'll take 90 sick days.
7. You'll go through 180 notepads, 258 pens, and 314,660 printed pages.
8. And you'll spend almost three months gossiping about your coworkers.
Does this information make you feel better or worse about your job? Wooooooof.