No Parade? No Problem: Where To Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
This year we will once again miss out on the larger St. Patrick's Day celebrations we know and love. But there are still plenty of smaller celebrations to mark the holiday.
It is hard to believe the pandemic is affecting St. Patrick's Day festivities for the second straight year as some of our big events like the parade in Albany will not be happening. The good news is there will be more going on this year versus last year, and we have a rundown of some fun, low-key things happening for you to go out and check out, or take in from the comfort of your home!
Saturday, March 13th:
- Albany St. Patrick's Day Virtual Parade: If you are all about the parades, you can still catch a virtual edition of the Albany Parade on their website. According to their Facebook page it will be available for viewing this Saturday afternoon.
- Bootlegger's On Broadway St. Patrick's Day Celebration: Bootlegger's in Downtown Troy will hold a scaled-down version of their annual celebration with Irish food and drink kicking off at Noon and live Country music from David J from 6 to 9pm.
- Frog Alley Brewing St. Patrick's Day Celebration: Also kicking off at Noon this Saturday, Frog Alley in Schenectady's St. Patrick's fiesta will feature live music all day and plenty of Irish eats!
- Kegs and Eggs at Katie O'Byrnes Irish Pub & Restaurant: Starting at 9am, Katie O'Byrnes in Schenectady will offer kegs and eggs and trivia. Make your reservation to get into this one!
- Spa City Tap and Barrel St. Patrick's Party: Starting at 1pm head to Spa City in Saratoga Springs for live music and drink specials, plus game night starting at 6pm.
St. Patrick's Day, Wednesday, March 17th:
- Indian Ladder Farms: Indian Ladder in Altamont will be offering a special St. Patrick's Day menu from 4 to 8pm - reservations are necessary! Get info her
- Kegs and Eggs at Katie O'Byrnes Irish Pub & Restaurant: Starting at 11am, Katie O'Byrnes in Schenectady says they will be taking reservations to eat and will also feature live music from Kevin Green at Noon.
LOOK: 50 photos of American life in 2020
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State