Levack’s Chicken Wing Recipe
In honor of Wing Wars this Saturday at the Washington Avenue Armory I have decided to share the secret of my wings. Which to my knowledge are the best ever!
Ok so here's the deal this is not health food. I like to make a huge batch of wings and just do work! I have eaten 5 to 6 pounds of these wings myself. My excuse is the weight of the bones.
- 10 pounds of frozen wings. You can buy jumbo but they will take longer to cook.
- In a sauce pan pan melt a stick of butter(yes a whole stick don't judge me).
- Pour in a 12 ounce bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce(if you have a favorite buffalo sauce you can substitute it).
- Four good shakes of powdered Garlic.
- Add Tabasco sauce to reach your own level of heat. Leave it out if you just like the Buffalo flavor.
Here's the two keys to great wings at home: Good Season's powdered Italian dressing mix add one packet(they normally come 4 in a box) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS EXTRA CRISPY!!! There are few thing worse in this world then slimey wings. So let them cook in your fryer. Even after they start to float leave them in longer. Cooking times will be different depending on what kind of deep fryer you have so you will need to experiment with times. I leave them in mine for about 15 minutes.
The 2012 Wing Wars is coming September 22, 2012 to the Washington Ave Armory. Doors open at 1P and Tickets are $12 in advance, available online now, or day of at the door (if available). Brought to you by Yuengling.