Halloween Wine and Candy Pairings [Yum]
Not only is it a regular weekend, it's Halloween weekend!
To help you better celebrate, here's a list of what wine you should pair with your favorite Halloween candy. (Or, with the candy that you steal from your kids!) Trick or Treat?!?!
1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Sherry. The raisin, caramel, and almond flavors of the Sherry help enhance the creamy peanut butter filling.
2. M&Ms and Port wine. The dark, sweet, black fig and dried fruit notes of Port counter-balances the milk chocolate in M&Ms.
3. Hershey Kisses and Zinfandel. It contrasts the creamy milk chocolate with ripe berry flavors, and will supposedly taste all raspberry and delicious.
4. Twix or Almond Joy and the Portuguese wine Madeira. Coconut and caramel both complement the brown sugar nuttiness of Madeira.
5. Sour Patch Kids or Sweet Tarts and Riesling. The sweetness of the Riesling counters the candy's tartness, and finishes with a cleansing kick of acidity.
6. Whoppers and a bold Cabernet Sauvignon. Whoppers need a wine with depth to keep from being overpowered by all the malt and chocolate.
7. Candy Corn and Moscato. The sugar in the candy corn amps up the fruitiness in the Moscato, and both taste better as a result.
If wine isn't your thing, Marissa and I tried out a bunch of delicious Halloween cocktail recipes last weekend, they were all super yummy!