Capital Region Bucket List: 10 Things You Must Do
Love it or hate it, there is plenty to do in the Capital Region. Here are a few that you need to.
- Visit The Great Escape: The other Six Flags resorts that surround us may have more rides but The Great Escape is still pretty awesome. Even if you aren't going for rides sake it is still fun to tag along with your crowd. Of course when it comes to rides, The Comet is a must.
- Walk The Empire State Plaza: Believe it or not this is something many haven't done. In the summer just as the sun is setting you should walk around and take pictures, even if you see The Egg every day.
- Go to the Saratoga Race Course: This is something I know I personally take for granted. I haven't been in at least 3 years. However, this is something you should do at least once a year.
- Get a drink at Biergarten: Why is this a must do? Because you can throw peanut shells on the floor like a savage. I remember my first time here and I was wowed that you could just do that. I asked my friends, I just throw these on the floor??
- See a show at Upstate Concert Hall: Literally, ticket prices are never too expensive and there is always something going on. Bucket list item and Bored lets do something item.
- Go for a hike at Thacher Park: Just an amazing way to spend a portion of a day. Great views and very scenic.
- Visit the Uncle Sam gravesite: Two really good reasons here. One the amazing view of Troy, Cohoes and Waterford. Two, the fact that it will make you realize one of the biggest symbols of patriotism in this country sits just below you.
- See fireworks at the Joe: We are lucky enough to have a minor league ball team, that team also has fireworks often.
- Take a day trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame: Even if you don't like baseball, you will still love going here. It is also a short hour and a half drive from Albany.
- Drive the Northway after midnight: Seems stupid to have this on here. At the same time to have the entire road to yourself is a rarity.
What other items would you put on a Capital Region bucket list?