Albany Middle Schoolers Hospitalized After Pot Brownie Binge
An Albany Middle School was forced to send six of it's middle schoolers to the hospital on Tuesday after officials learned that drug-infused brownies were eaten by the students.
Edmund J. O'Neal Middle School of Excellence, located at 50 N. Lake Avenue in Albany, is the where the drug-infused brownies (edibles) were consumed according to News Channel 13.
The six students, according to the report, were sent to a local hospital after the drugs 'kicked in' and they began experiencing symptoms associated with ingesting the edibles including nausea and dizziness.
According to the middle school Facebook page, one of the students brought the brownies in for others to share, and a package was found "containing pieces of the substance".
Principal David Bernsely had this message on the school's Facebook:
Student Support Services staff will be at school Wednesday and working with our teachers to hold additional conversations with our students.
He also stated that the hospitalization was a 'precautionary measure'.