NY Hunting & Trapping Licenses Available Soon
Get ready for hunting and trapping season by getting your licenses soon in New York state. The Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is gearing up for the 2020-2021 season. Here are the details. According to News 10 ABC, the DEC announced that hunting and trapping licenses along with Deer Management Permits for the 2020-2021 hunting season will be available and on sale starting Monday, August 10th. This will include continuous hunting from squirrel beginning September 1st into April which is snow geese season.
You are able to buy your licenses and permits at any of the DEC agents by clicking here. You can also call 866-933-2257 or go online to purchase your permits and licenses. These licenses will be good from September 1, 2020, through August 31, 2021. Fishing licenses are good for a full year from the date of purchase.
You can also call the DEC Call Center starting August 10th between the hours of 8 am until 7 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays through October 1st.
When you are ready to renew or purchase a new license or permit, you must have these items ready.
- Contact information including name, address, email, and telephone number
- If applicable, DEC customer ID number
- Proof of residency (valid NYS id driver's license
- A valid credit card (if online or phone purchase)
- If not already entered in DEC’s automated licensing system, individuals are required to provide proof of hunter or trapper education certification or a copy of a previous license for all hunting and trapping license purchases
For more information about the licensing and permits for hunting and trapping through the DEC click HERE.