Movies & TV Shows Filmed in Upstate New York in 2018 [LIST]
How cool is it when we find out a movie or TV show is being filmed in the area? What you may not have realized was that Upstate New York was a pretty popular destination this year.
When crews are looking about where to film movies, I don't know about you, but I assume they're looking to New York City or Los Angeles. I'm always so surprised when Upstate New York makes it to the big screen. We know about "Place Beyond the Pines" and "Salt" from a few years ago, but I didn't realize we had so many within the last year.
Syracuse.com put together a list of where in Upstate New York you'll have to look out for during these movies coming out soon.
- "Big Time Adolescence" was shot around Syracuse this summer following a suburban teen and his best friend. It will be starring Griffin Gluck from "American Vandal" as well as "Saturday Night Live" cast member Pete Davidson and premiering at Sundance.
- "The Punisher" was filmed in Downtown Albany starring Jon Bernthal from The Walking Dead. The Albany episodes should be on Netflix at some point this month.
- "The Dead Don't Die" was filmed in Delaware and Ulster Counties this summer starring great names like, Bill Murray, Selena Gomez, Adam Driver, and more. No word yet on when the movie will be announced.
- The Untitled The Smiths movie/"Shoplifters of the World" caused quite a ruckus in the Capital Region this summer when we heard about a filming but couldn't figure out what it was. It will be starring Joe Manganiello and a release date has yet to be announced.
- "Escape at Dannemora" was obviously filmed locally and already took home a few Golden Globes. It premiered on Showtime in November and stars Benicio del Toro, Paul Dano and Patricia Arquette.
- "Sid is Dead" was also filmed in Syracuse in October and November. It will be starring Joey Bragg and Mary Stuart Masterson and a release date hasn't been announced.
- "A Quiet Place" got a lot of buzz this summer and was partially filmed in New Paltz and Beacon, with a special "Thank You" in the credits.
- "Apalachin" was filmed in the Hudson Valley and will star David Arquette and Jennifer Esposito.