NYS Fair to Open at Full Capacity-Proof of Vaccination Required?
We had to go without the New York State Fair in 2020 but we were encouraged earlier this year with news of a 're-imagined" version of the fair for 2021. Today Governor Cuomo delivered an update as he announced that the New York State Fair will reopen at 100% capacity this August in Syracuse.
How will the affect the concerts on the Chevrolet Music Festival Stage? It appears that attendance for the performances will revert back to the way things were handled in 2019 but no official statement has been made yet. Here are some of the Rock artists performing between August 20th and September 6th.
- Ratt - Saturday August 21at at 7 p.m.
- Foreigner - Monday August 23rd at 8 p.m.
- Reo Speedwagon - Wednesday August 25th at 8 p.m.
- Melissa Etheridge - Friday, August 27, at 8 p.m.
- Great White with Vixen - Saturday, August 28
- Dropkick Murphys - Sunday, August 29 at 8 p.m.
- Halestorm - Tuesday August 31 at 8p.m.
- Blue Oyster Cult - Wednesday September 1st at 8p.m.
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas - Thursday September 2nd at 7p.m.
Admission to all concerts is free along with a $3 Fair ticket. Cuomo also said the Dairy Products Building, Center of Progress and the Eatery will be open and that unvaccinated New Yorkers should wear masks at the fair, but won’t require proof of vaccination. The event will operate using the honor system.
This summer has to make up for everything we went through the past year. There’s a lot of making up to do. - Governor Andrew Cuomo