Drowning Ruled in Whitney Houston’s Death
A coroner’s report shows singer Whitney Houston died from drowning in a hotel bathtub. The report was released Thursday along with other autopsy findings. In the findings, it was noted that Houston had heart disease which did contribute to her death. She was also a chronic cocaine user who had the drug in her system at the time of her drowning.
Toxicology results also showed Houston had marijuana, Xanax, a muscle relaxant called Flexeril, and the allergy medication, Benadryl, in her system. The amount of cocaine in her system was not disclosed. The exact amount was not disclosed, but will be contained in the full autopsy report set to be released in two weeks or so.
Police found multiple prescription medication bottles in Houston's hotel room upon their investigation. However, according to the coroner's officials, there were not excessive amounts of those prescriptions in her body. It is still unclear if Houston had a heart attack the day she died.