10 People Most Likely to Receive a Raise This Year
Is it just me, or are raises few and far between? I think in my whole life I've only gotten one raise. Usually I have to find a new job in order to get a salary increase.
And, is that the way employers really want it to be? Would they rather lose good people and have to train new ones than to just pay their current, dedicated employees a little more?
Well, Glassdoor.com has figured out which jobs got the best raises this year. And, maybe I'm in the wrong business. Because the average salary is up about 2%!
So here are ten jobs with even biggest raises -
1. Business systems analyst. Basically it's someone who analyzes an organization and figures out how to make it work better. The median salary is about $83,000, which is 10% higher than it was last year.
2. Security guard . . . $24,000, which is up 7%.
3. Sales consultant . . . $49,000, which is also a 7% increase.
4. Pharmacist . . . $26,000, up 6%.
5. Barista . . . $23,600, up 6%.
6. Customer service manager . . . $34,800, up 5%.
7. Certified nursing assistant . . . $25,000, up 5%.
8. Financial analyst . . . $71,600, up 5%.
9. Systems analyst . . . $80,000, up 4%.
10. Research scientist . . . $85,000, up 4%.
When's the last time you received a raise? Do you feel like you deserve one?