Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murdering Odin Lloyd
After being arrested earlier in the day and released by the New England Patriots, former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been charged with first degree murder for allegedly killing Odin Lloyd.
Here is what we have learned about the incident from various media sources so far, some of which should be taken with a grain of salt given the suspect quality of journalism in the 21st century:
- The prosecutor of the case has asked that Hernandez be held without bail
- According to the prosecutor, Aaron Hernandez “orchestrated the execution” of Odin Lloyd
- No one has suggested that Hernandez actually pulled the trigger, but there is evidence putting him at the scene and around the murder weapon
- There were allegedly six to eight hours of security footage missing from Hernandez’ security system, coinciding with the time of the murder
- A shell casing was found in the rental car in Hernandez’ name, a car that Lloyd’s body had a key for
- When the security cameras were shut off, someone was depicted bringing a gun down into Hernandez’ basement.
As more details come in on this story, this page will be updated.