WGNA Pay Your Bills Contest Rules
WGNA Pay Your Bills Contest Rules
The WGNA Pay Your Bills Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Townsquare Media of Albany, Inc., (hereinafter: the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs May 9, 2022 through June 3, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All contest entries must be received before June 2, 2022 at 11:59pm.
Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the Albany, Schenectady, Troy, New York listening area as defined by Arbitron, Inc. and who are age 18 or older. Employees of Contest Organizers, its affiliated radio stations and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, partners and members of the immediate families or households of such employees (“Excluded Individuals”) are not eligible. Immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER
Go to wgna.com during the Sweepstakes Period and navigate to the contest page. Complete all the required registration fields for the WGNA Pay Your Bills Contest at this link, including the name of your bill (provider, category, i.e., cell phone bill with Verizon Wireless), the amount of your bill, and a reason of why we should pay your bill (“Eligible Entry”). Winner Selection will take into consideration your reasoning of why we should pay your bill and why you think you need it most. Any bills submitted with a value of over $2,000 due will not be considered.
No purchase necessary. You must comply with the eligibility criteria set forth above. Only one entry will be considered per person. Entry/registration does not guarantee a prize. All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
- HOW TO PLAY
Beginning May 16, 2022 and continuing each weekday through the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period (excluding statutory holidays), a total of three (3) individual names will be announced on air (each a “Potential Winner”) during one of the following three time slots: approximately 9am, 12pm, and 3pm EST. Each Potential Winner will have ten (10) minutes from the time their name is announced on-air to call into the station 518-476-1077 and verify their personal information, all as originally provided as part of the registration for their Eligible Entry. If the Potential Winner can verify their personal information within the ten (10) minute timeframe, they will be deemed a winner (a “Contest Winner”) and the bill which they submitted as part of their Eligible Entry will be paid in full by the Contest Organizers (the “Prize”, as detailed below). If the Potential Winner does not call into the station within the ten (10) minute timeframe, or they cannot verify their personal information upon calling in, even if within the ten (10) minute timeframe, then the Prize for that timeslot will be forfeited.
- WINNER SELECTION
Beginning May 16, and continuing on each weekday through the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period (excluding statutory holidays), a panel of WGNA judges (made up of station personnel, the “Panel”) will review all Eligible Entries submitted to date and select three (3) Potential Winners whose names will be announced on the following business day. The Panel will take into consideration not only the amount of the bill being submitted for payment (with no more than $2,000 being awarded to any Potential or Contest Winner), but also the budget of the Contest (as set forth below) and also the story submitted by each individual as part of the Eligible Entry on why he/she should be selected as a Potential Winner. It is within the Panel’s sole and absolute discretion who shall be deemed a Potential Winner based on the criteria set forth above. As noted in section 3, if a Potential Winner is identified but does not verify their personal information within the ten (10) minute timeframe that is provided, the Prize for that timeslot will be forfeited and no backup or replacement Potential Winner will be named and no replacement Prize granted.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION
The approximate total potential retail value all Prizes, collectively, is nine thousand dollars ($9,000.00), as noted below. The value of each individual prize will be determined by the amount of each bill submitted for consideration during the Sweepstakes Period. No more than two thousand dollars ($2,000) shall be awarded to any individual Contest Winner. No more than nine thousand dollars ($9,000) shall be awarded to the collective pool of all Contest Winner’s during the Sweepstakes Period.
- CONCLUSION OF CONTEST & PRIZE TERMS
The Contest will end promptly upon conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period after the final name has been announced on-air at approximately 3pm EST on June 3rd (allowing ten additional minutes for the Prize to be claimed by the Potential Winner) or upon the Panel awarding nine thousand dollars ($9,000) collectively across all Contest Winners to date, whichever shall first occur.
There is a limit of one Prize per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
A government-issued photo ID will be required when claiming the Prize.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for any other prize or equivalent prize.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
Prizes may be collected Monday through Friday between 10am and 4pm at Townsquare Media of Albany, Inc., 1241 Kings Road, Schenectady 12303. In the Contest Organizer’s discretion, Contest Winners may be required to receive the Prize via mail or to receive the Prize via another method specified by the Contest Organizer (i.e., direct payment to the bill provider).
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to the following:
- Potential Winners and Contest Winners (collectively, for purposes of this section, “Winners”) must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- Winners must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the participating station, Contest Organizer, or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, each Winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- Winners agree to allow the participating station, Contest Organizer, and/or its designees the right to use Winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the participating station, Contest Organizer, and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Contest Organizers makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the Prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Contest Organizers hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- Winners expressly release the Contest Organizers, and any additional sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win this Contest. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The Contest Organizers are not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This Contest Organizers are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win Prizes every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
 The May 16th Potential Winners will be selected by the panel on Friday, May 13th, however their names will not be announced until Monday, March 16th. The last day to accept Eligible entries will be on June 2nd, as noted above. The last round of Potential Winners will be announced on June 3rd.