Want Fresh Turkey for Thanksgiving? Support These NY Farms!
Thanksgiving is just about a month away! There are so many things to look forward to with this holiday, especially the opportunity to see family and friends that you may not have seen in a while or that you just don't see enough.
Football is a nice addition to Thanksgiving day but the centerpiece of this holiday is the meal. Where will you get your turkey this year? I have some great suggestions for you! How about a local New York farm?
According to the Department of Agriculture, there are over 33,000 family farms in New York State covering over 7 million acres! That makes our state a major agricultural resource! What would be better than a fresh, local turkey for Thanksgiving?
Scroll through the list of farms below to see which one is the closest to you. In the meantime there are a few other things to know as you get ready for Thanksgiving.
Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving - How to roast a turkey according to Butterball.
- Preheat over to 325
- Place turkey into shallow roasting pan
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into turkey
- Turkey is done when thermometer reads 170 degrees in the breast or stuffing
- Let it sit 15 minutes before carving
- For more specific details click HERE.
Football on Thanksgiving - The Bills, Giants and Patriots have games on Thanksgiving Day! Let's plan ahead. Here is the NFL schedule for Thursday November 24, 2022.
- Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions - 12:30pm
- New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys - 4:30pm
- New England Patriots at Minnesota Vikings - 8:20pm