Real Haunted Places in the Capital Region [LIST]
We have haunted hayrides, haunted houses, haunted theme parks, but if you're looking for more of a real-scare. Have you been to any of these real haunted places in the Capital Region?
We're not talking people dressed up as zombies, these places talk of ghosts and hearing voices with a historical background story. New York Upstate made a list of some of the most haunted places in Upstate New York and there's a good number of them right here in the area. Any you could add?
- Canfield Casino is one of the more famous haunted places in the area, so much so that it got the attention of "Ghost Hunters."
- Forest Park Cemetery was highlighted by USA Today as a must-visit in that state. It's closed to the public but they are open to tours sometimes upon request.
- Loudon Cottage has some historical connections, if you visit, there have been sights of President Lincoln sitting on a chair since one of his friends owned the house in the past and a dress with his blood on it had been stored there.
- New York State Capitol hosts tours throughout the building to talk about the many experiences people have had, like a ghost watchman who protects the building.
- Vale Cemetery is 150-years-old and has a history with statues that have cried blood and other figures walking around among the graves.