What’s Wrong With Being Confident?
Absolutely nothing! I think that a lot of people these days, especially women are afraid to be too confident. And we shouldn't. Because confidence breeds success!
Here are some fun facts about confidence -
- Confidence is a self-fulfilling prophecy. For example, children who think of themselves as the smartest in the classroom often get the best grades.
- Confidence has more to do with lifetime earnings than IQ. Studies show it’s better to be confident than smart.
- Not only can overconfidence make you successful even when you know you’re bluffing, it might eventually become just regular old confidence. So fake it 'til you make it.
- Maybe don't put that phone down!? Spending three minutes checking your Facebook can boost your confidence.
- Good news for gamers: Playing games with an idealized avatar of yourself can boost self-confidence. So make sure your Mii is super hot!
- Learning a new skill provides a similar confidence boost to getting a $1,500 a year raise. Hmmmmm... I've been wanting a raise... I guess I should learn how to sew or something.
- Sitting up straight in your chair will increase your overall confidence. This applies to posture overall... you remember what mom always said, sit up straight!
- Behaving confidently will make you feel more confident over time.
Most people will tell you that confidence is one of the most attractive features a person can have. So, stand up tall! Appreciate what's great about you, and don't apologize for it!
Click here for ways to increase your confidence level!
Also, special thanks to Demi Lovato for providing the soundtrack to this blog -