Top 5 Things I Say ‘No Thanks’ to on Thanksgiving
I know what you’re saying here – “Mr.Negative” strikes again. Don’t get me wrong, in general it’s a great occasion. But there are still some things that I always say “I’ll pass” on. Here they are, in no particular order. Actually, looking at it, I take that back. It’s fine.
- 5. “Hey Richie, after dinner would you just run out and quickly pick up that Dustbuster that we saw in the paper for Black Friday?” NO THANKS. The words “quickly” and “Black Friday” are mutually exclusive terms. Dust can wait another week. Anyway, it’s BROWN Thursday (the color of a turkey, which is all I want to think about).
- “It’s A Wonderful Life” is on!! NO THANKS. I’ve added up how many times I’ve seen that flick. Simple math tells me that it’s 10 less hours of MY wonder life that I get to actually experience. Now the Duck Dynasty marathon? That’s a different animal.
- “There’s two football games on back to back. Sit down, Rich…. ” SORRY. True confessions here, but I’m afraid they might actually ask me something about one of the players. I’d be asking things like, “What kind of TV is that? How many HDMI inputs are there?” They’d throw me out of the room in an instant.
- “I’ll send you with a list, please get the items we need for today.” NOT ALONE, I WON’T. NO THANKS. She knows I’ll come back with the wrong brand of cranberry sauce, low fat ice cream instead of the premium stuff that tastes better, cheap napkins that look lousy on the table. (You know I’m right, Dorrie).
- And the number one thing I say “No Thanks” to on Thanksgiving? Any discussion that involves the words “ObamaCare.” I want one, just ONE, day away from that, if you don’t mind. (Although with all of the deserts we’ll be eating on that day, you’d better have some kind of health plan!)