Yesterday my daughter Ella comes running into the house screaming, "DADDY IS IT OK THAT MIA IS LICKING THE GRILL?" Of course, I was curious as to what was going on, so I followed Ella outside. Mia was kind enough to clean out the grease trap of my grill. Now that's gross on a normal day, but I've been hosting cookouts almost nonstop since moving in, so this thing was full. I say "was full" because Mia must of ingested no less then a liter of grease before I got her out of there. Mia has what we will call a "delicate system." So I figured I was in trouble.

I left her outside for a few hours, which as you can see from the picture, she doesn't mind. I kept a eye on her all night and even had trouble sleeping so I was aware of where she was and how she was doing all night. The alarm clock goes off at 4 a.m. and after about 2 hours of sleep, I check and she's sleeping soundly. I take my shower, then trip over her when leaving the bathroom. This is odd because her old butt doesn't like stairs at all. I go downstairs and find that Mia had erupted. Grease, tennis balls and whatever else my trash compactor of a dog had ingested was EVERYWHERE!

So as you go through your day, remember, it could have started far worse.