Great Tips From Survivors Of Katrina To Help With Hurricane Sandy
I know you are getting inundated with tips, but there are a couple I hadn't seen before from survivors of that other horrible storm, Katrina. I thought I'd spread the word.
• Bring in your outdoor solar lights. They will have enough power to keep going inside! (never thought of that!)
• The insurance companies are going to be very tough on who gets what, so if you are doing a video inventory, keep the drawers and closet dorrs open so you show them what's in there!
• Have a tire plug repair kit, including a pair of pliers. Junk in the roadway can contain many nails and screws and you'll be screwed!
• Shut off the internet/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/GPS connections on your smart phones. They eat battery life like crazy.
• Have thick tarps and roofing tacks in case you lose shingles from the wind. (which makes me think - I better get out of the station and get home. I'm starting to get nervous.
Thanks for these tips, Kathleen, and be safe out there