Who’s That New Voice On During Your GNA Workday? Meet Megan!
My name is Megan Carter, and I’m thrilled to be the newest member of the 107.7 GNA family.
I’m looking forward to spending your 10-in-a-row workday with you Monday through Friday from 10am to 3pm.
If we haven’t met yet, I can’t wait to! Feel free to say “hi” when you see me out and about, and give me a shout anytime by sending me a message on Instagram or the GNA app.
Working at this amazing job in my hometown is a blessing every single day. I’m a Capital Region native, and from a young age, I knew without a doubt I wanted to make a career in radio. (Some guy named Brian may have had something to do with that.) Soon after graduating from Schalmont and driving west to attend college at SUNY Brockport, I started working in the Western New York area. Now, I’m excited to get to do what I love back in the 518.
When I’m not helping you get through your crazy workday, you can find me having a blast at my side hustle gigs; hosting and doing PA for several pro sports teams throughout New York State.
I’m a life-long Red Sox fan, and grew up watching their games with my Dad. I’m also a huge fan of Wrexham AFC (what can I say, Ryan Reynolds can do no wrong) and went to San Diego this summer to see them play Manchester United. However, the top spot in my sports-loving heart will always belong to my beloved Buffalo Bills.
My favorite thing to do when I’ve got a day off is hang out with my awesome nephews while they try to teach me the names and powers of the superheroes that they’re into this month.
A cause I care deeply about is the amazing work of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Last fall, Brian, Chrissy and I were privileged to spend time at their campus in Memphis, getting to see firsthand the amazing work that they do. I’m looking forward to sharing what I learned and the incredible stories of the family and patients they care for during the next St. Jude Radiothon on GNA.
5 Fun Facts About Megan Carter
- While working at my first full-time job, I played “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore” for Lady A so they could hear themselves on the radio for the first time. When the song was over, they called me in tears, and I still get misty thinking about it.
- I’m all about home DIY projects. If there’s a sale at Lowe’s or a new coupon for Michael’s, you know where to find me.
- I’m obsessed with all things TV. I love recommendations for new shows, and try to watch at least one episode before I just end up putting on Parks & Rec.
- I know she’s not country anymore, but I adore Taylor Swift, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Yes, I desperately tried to get tickets to the Eras Tour. No, I didn’t succeed.
- I come from a long line of fabulous and award-winning home cooks and bakers. I’m decent (not great) in the kitchen, but I’ve been working on getting better so I can stop embarrassing my Ma.*
* (BUT if I had my choice, I’d just eat every meal for the rest of my life at Mike’s Hot Dogs - which would absolutely destroy me, but be so worth it.)
GNA Hotshots - A Look Back at the Summer of Country Music in Upstate NY
Gallery Credit: Brian Cody TSM Albany