On Thursday morning, the Troy firefighters responded to a call at Alpha Lanes on Fifth Avenue in Lansingburgh.

Alpha Lanes - Lansingburgh
Google Street View

The owner of Alpha Lanes was attempting to thaw out some frozen pipes in a bathroom with a heat gun, which sparked a fire. The heat gun that was used was one that is typically used in an auto body shop. The heat gun apparently heated the pipes to a point that they started some wood that was near them on fire. Firefighters had to tear apart some of the walls and rip out some of the insulation to keep the fire from going up to the second floor.

The fire was extinguished within about 20 minutes. According to the story from WNYT, because of the firefighters’ quick actions, there’s only some moderate damage. Alpha Lanes is open for business as usual.

More From 107.7 WGNA