Tips To Meet Your Health & Fitness Goals [SPONSORED POST]
As we all focus on turning many new leafs this new year, here are a couple of quick facts to help on some of the inevitable health and fitness goals we all so desperately desire! Compliments of BEST FITNESS, and for more information on how to get fit and stay fit all year, visit their website.
- Switch it up! Move the food around in your kitchen. Take the time to put the salty snacks and the sweet treats up high and so you have to work to get to those foods . Push all the food you usually go to in the refrigerator in the back and pile all the healthier choice in front. Move the kitchen cupboards around every 3-4 weeks so it becomes a chore to grab these foods when you are bored. Most people are defeated easily when they are just doing something for no reason and will give up and grab that easiest thing
- Trade the lettuce in your salad or on your sandwich for spinach. It has 3x the protein, more antioxidants and 19x the vitamin a than most types of lettuce!
- Substitute hard cheeses such as grated Parmesan and Romano (1 tablespoon contains less than 2g of fat), for shredded, fatty cheeses such as cheddar and Monterey Jack (8-10g of fat per serving).
- Water it down! It sounds weird but most people default to a tasty carbonated beverage or a sweet drink throughout the day. Pick 2 or 3 drinks that you usually drink such as pop, sweet teas, sugary sports drinks and simply add water. Most people don’t drink enough water, so by doing this you increase your water intake and set yourself up to start drinking water plain and kicking one of those other beverages.
- Immediately box half of your meal when you go out to a restaurant. You will only eat half the calories, and have another meal for tomorrow!
We hope these tips help you have a healthy and fit 2012 and beyond. Stop in and visit our Albany or Schenectady location and we’ll see you at the 2012 Fitness, Health, and Beauty Expo where with paid admission you can get a free month at Best Fitness.
This post has been sponsored by our advertising partner Best Fitness.