The 10 Worst Places to Live in Upstate New York
New York is beautiful! And there is so much more too it than New York City. But, there are a few places that, well, shall we say, need a little work.
Roadsnacks.net did a little number crunching Using FBI crime data, the government census, Bureau of Labor Statistics and Sperling’s Best Places, along with the following criteria to find out which towns are the worst places to settle down.
- Population Density (The lower the worse)
- Highest Unemployment Rates
- Adjusted Median Income (Median income adjusted for the cost of living)
- High Housing Vacancy Rate
- Education (Low expenditures per student and high Student Teacher Ratio)
- High Crime
And they found that these are, ranked in order, the top 10 worst places to live in New York-
- Niagara Falls
What do you think? Did the Capital Region get a fair ranking?
Just Johnstown and Gloversville made the top 10. Could be worse, right?
To see more of the 500 ranked cities, including the best places to live, Click Here!