Expert Funeral Home Tips
- Be prepared to tell the funeral director a price range that you had in mind for the desired funeral service.
- Ask the funeral director to fully explain merchandise options, such as caskets, burial vaults, and/or urns.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about funeral prices prior to the need for arrangements.
- Don’t feel the need to purchase services or merchandise that you don’t want.
- Consider making pre-arrangements prior to immediate need.
Questions for the Funeral Home Expert: Jeffery M. Collett, Licensed Funeral Director:
Q: Do you offer cremation?
A: Yes, we offer cremation with traditional funeral services or direct cremation with no services.
Q: Do we need to purchase an expensive casket?
A: No, Caskets are available in many styles, colors and materials. There are caskets available that are respectful, appropriate and affordable.
Q: We don’t have a big budget, can we still have a traditional funeral service?
A: Yes, allow us to explain all of the available options that will work on a small budget.
Q: We have never been to your funeral home, could we stop in some time to see your facility and meet the director?
A: Of course! Feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to meet with you and answer any questions that you may have.