Albany Area Family Needs Help After Fire
A local family is spending the holidays in a hotel room after loosing everything they owned in a fire this week.
On Monday night, a fire tore through the house of an East Greenbush family and destroyed their daughter’s room, including all of the children’s Christmas presents. Although the family with two young children are thankful they are still alive, they will not be getting back into their home until spring.
Sarah, the mother of the family, told WTEN “It’s a blessing that Madison was downstairs with me at the time, and not in her room sleeping, which is what she would normally be doing at that time.” Sarah said one of the toughest things was explaining to her daughter that all her favorite things, including a Care Bear stuffed animal, were gone. The little girl, Madison, told NEWS10 “My bed melted and my toys melted too.”
If you have anything that a 4-year-old girl or 7-year-old boy could use, especially winter clothes, or toys, please call the Clinton Heights Fire Department at (518) 462-2922 or the Shenendehowa Adult Community Center at (518) 383-1343.