13 Insane Things More Likely Than Winning A Mega Jackpot
You may hear the buzz about Powerball and Mega Millions and feel inclined to play especially now that the jackpots have reached half a BILLION each. I hate to break it to you, but you're not going to win. Here are 13 freaky things (some good,some bad) that are way more likely to happen to you than waking up over the weekend finding out that you're filthy stinking rich.
In order to put this list into any kind of perspective, first understand that winning a Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot is roughly 1 in 300 million.
- 1 in 112 million: Odds of being killed by a vending machine
- 1 in 12 million: Becoming an astronaut
- 1 in 11.5 million: Odds of getting attacked by a shark
- 1 in 10 million: Odds of becoming president
- 1 in 1.5 millions: Odds of becoming a movie star
- 1 in 1 million: Odds of getting struck by lightning
- 1 in 1 million: Odds of dying in a plane crash
- 1 in 660,000: Odds of winning an Olympic gold medal
- 1 in 22,000: Odds of becoming a pro athlete
- 1 in 18,000: Odds of being murdered
- 1 in 11,500: Odds of winning an academy award
- 1 in 215: Odds of dating a millionaire
- 1 in 210: Odds of finding out your kid is a genius
With all of that being said, I'll more than likely see you in line at a Stewarts or Mobile purchasing a few bucks worth of tickets. Unless of course I get struck by lightening along the way.