Best Country Shows of 2010
This is the time of year for countdowns and best of lists for the years end so i thought i would give my top 10 country shows that came to the area this year.
10. James Otto at Northern Lights–Brought some country soul to the Capital Reigon and had everyone singing along to “Just Got Started Loving You”.
9. Steel Magnolia at Northern Lights–the duo certainly deserved to win CMT’s Can You Duet. Personal Highlight: great renditon of Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks “Stop Draggin My Heart Around”.
8. Sugarland at SPAC–Jennifer and Kristian at their best, great openers in Luke Bryan and Danny Gokey. Sugarland breaks out some Blondie and Luke cranks out some Metallica, never saw that coming!
7. Alan Jackson at the Glens Falls Civic Center–AJ singing “Where Were You” on Sept 11, touching moment!
6. Lee Brice at Northern Lights–High Energy from beginning to end. Never heard a crowd quite that loud!
5. Carrie Underwood and Craig Morgan at the Times Union Center–Carrie showed us she deserved winning the awards she had won since winning American Idol. Craig knew how to pump up the crowd as well.
4. Eric Church at Northern Lights–It was hard to move in the club this night as the place was packed, Eric showed why he is the new breed of outlaw country! He rocked the joint!
3. Country Throwdown at SPAC–12 hours worth of music, 2 stages, doesn’t get any better than that!
2. Brad Paisley’s H20 Tour at SPAC–another day full of music headlined by Mr. Paisley himself. You saw right here why he won Entertainer of the year at the CMA’s The video wall behind him as he’s playing just as entertaining as the perfomances themselves. Opener Darius Rucker was a show stealer!
1. Countryfest 2010–It’s always the biggest show of the summer, weather was great, rained on my way to the Altamont fairgrounds but the sun came out just before showtime! Made for a great day headlined by Blake Shelton!
Feel free to comment if you agree or disagree, would love to hear some feedback. Can’t wait to see what the 2011 concert season has in store!