Who Does America Hate The Most?
California based E-Poll Market Research company recently conducted a celebrity poll asking who was the most hated person in America. The person coming in at #1 is both surprising and understandable.
Casey Anthony, The Florida woman who was found not guilty of murdering her 2 year old daughter comes in at number one. It’s surprising that she would come in at the top slot because she isn’t a celebrity at all. It’s understandable though, because with all the news coverage of her story and the trial, she became a quasi-celebrity. According to the poll, 54 percent of those questioned were aware of Casey Anthony and her story, and 94 percent of those people disliked her. She was also considered “creepy” by 57 percent and “cold” by 60 percent of respondents.
The rest of the top 10 looks like this:
2. Spencer Pratt – the former “The Hills” star.
3. Nadya Suleman – the unemployed single California mom who gave birth to octuplets in 2009 despite already having six children.
4.O.J. Simpson — the retired football player/broadcaster and actor who was acquitted in 1995 of murdering his ex-wife and a friend in 1994.
5. Jon Gosselin – the reality-TV star famous for his eight kids and a public divorce from his ex-wife Kate Gosselin.
6. Kate Gosselin – known for her appearances with then-husband Jon Gosselin and their eight children on the American reality TV show “Jon & Kate Plus 8.”
7. Levi Johnston — ex-fiance of Bristol, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s daughter.
8. Paris Hilton – Hotel chain heiress, socialite, singer and Hollywood actress.
9. Heidi Fleiss – Columnist and television personality who is often refered to as the “Hollywood Madam.” .
10. Howard Stern – Radio personality, television host, author and actor who gained wide recognition in the 1990s where he was labeled a “shock jock” for his outspoken and sometimes controversial style.
It’s crazy to think what many people consider celebrities these days. I always think of TV and Movie Stars and Pro Athletes. But with the reality shows these days just about anyone can be a celebrity! Sounds like a Brad Paisley song! Hmmmmmm..
Do you agree with this poll? Is there anyone you would add?