Ways to Catch Holiday Spirit in the Capital Region [GUIDE]
There are plenty of ways to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year in the Capital Region!
1. See the festival of trees - This year is Schenectady's 9th annual Festival of Trees. What better way to ring in holiday cheer than with beautifully decorated Christmas trees!
Schenectady, $5 Now - December 13, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2. Go ice skating - Empire State Plaza has turned into an awesome skating rink from now until March! It's free -- all you need is a pair of skates and maybe some buddies!
Albany, FREE Now - March, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
3. Go to Schenectady's City Hall-iday - This is going to be an awesome holiday bash! There will be horse drawn carriages, raffles, live music, and Santa will even be there! Come party with downtown Schenectady!
Schenectady, FREE December 12, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
4. Stop by the Christmas corner - This holiday market will feature art, one of a kind gifts, music, and more! Get crafty this holiday season!
Schaghticoke, FREE December 12, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
5. Go to a holiday market - The Babes in Troyland holiday market has all you could ever want -- from antiques and crafts to beer & coffee! Plenty of other local vendors will be there as well. There will be something for everyone!
Troy, $5 December 12 and 13, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
6. Have brunch with Santa - This is every kid's (and adult's?) dream! Santa is making a special stop at the Holiday Inn in Latham to have brunch with YOU! Secure your place on his "nice" list!
Latham, $10+ December 13, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
7. Watch A Christmas Story in theaters - Okay, this is pretty cool. How many people can say they saw a movie that came out in 1983 in theaters this year?! Now, you can say that. The Palace Theater in Albany is showing this holiday favorite on December 13. Be there!
Albany, $5 December 14, 7 p.m.
8. Paint an ugly Christmas sweater - This isn't something you see every year. It's awesome! With recreational painting gaining more and more attention in the Capital Region, this might just have to be your new holiday tradition. The most creative painting even wins a prize!
Latham, $30 December 20, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
9. See reindeer at holiday lights - Next to having brunch with Santa, this must be pretty high on every kid's holiday wish list.The Price Chopper Holiday Lights in Washington Park will feature real-life reindeer on December 23! What an awesome way to get into the holiday spirit.
Albany, $15 December 23, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
We wish you a very happy holiday!