Wait, You Can Wash THAT in the Dishwasher?!
I hate cleaning! And now is the time to get stuff really, really clean. If you want to be lazy about spring cleaning, like I do, here are ten things you probably didn't know you can wash in the dishwasher.
You'll probably want to wash your dishes separately though.
1. Shoes. But only if they can get wet. So sneakers and flip-flops are usually okay, but dress shoes aren't. Flip Flops! Perfect, the light colored ones get filthy! I usually throw them out.
2. Baseball hats. Put them on the top rack, and they should keep their shape. Hmmmmm... I'll give it a shot.
3. Brushes and combs. Just not any with wooden handles. And first pull as much hair off them as you can, so it doesn't clog the dishwasher. My husband would kill me - he's already pissed about the hair in the shower drain!
4. Toys. Just nothing electronic, or things with small pieces that could break off. I've done this - a great way to sanitize after an illness.
5. Glass lampshades from light fixtures.
6. Your toothbrush holder. I would never have thought of that.
7. Make-up brushes. Put them in the silverware holder. I've done this - it really does remove everything, even the eyeliner.
8. Sports equipment. Like the shin guards your kids wear for soccer. If it's plastic, it's probably okay.
9. Vacuum attachments. Brilliant. They get gross really quick.
10. Your computer keyboard. People online swear it won't break if you don't use detergent. But you might have to let it dry for a few days. And obviously they're talking about desktop keyboards . . . don't toss your whole LAPTOP in there. And, maybe still don't. I'm scared of this one.
Thanks to our friends at AOL for this helpful list!