Top 10 Capital Region Cities That Nail The Most Speeders
We've all been guilty of pushing the speed limits at one time or another, and they say for every 10 times you're creeping over the limit, you get caught once on average. With that being said, it does feel like certain parts of the Capital Region tend to be a little more risky than others. Here's a numerical list of 10 local towns and cities that have issued the most fines for lead-footed for 518-ers.
A list of 50 town and village courts that collected the most fines for traffic tickets and other minor violations in 2017 was recently published in NYUP.com.
Of the 50 upstate cites on the website's list, 10 of them were from the immediate Capital Region. The number on the left represents their Capital Region rank, followed by the name of the town, then by how much money they raked up in traffic tickets and violations. This list will give a true representation of how they compare versus other local cities and towns.
- 10-East Greenbush $714,000 in fines
- 9-Malta $734,000 in fines
- 8-Schodack $750,000 in fines
- 7-Halfmoon $800,000 in fines
- 6-Bethlehem $915,000 in fines
- 5-Queensbury $1.12 million in fines
- 4-Clifton Park $1.3 million in fines
- 3-Rotterdam $1.4 million in fines
- 2-Guilderland $1.55 million in fines
- 1-Colonie $2.06 million in fines
Drivers, you've been warned!