Tips To Win The Powerball Jackpot – $403 Million Tonight
The Powerball jackpot is $403 million - let the lotto craze begin!
Whenever you see lotto jackpots get this high, people go a little crazy buying tickets, dreaming of what they will do with the money and trying to figure out the best way to win!! Well, at least I do!
The Capital Region has had its share of lotto winners. Remember a couple of years ago when an office of state workers right in Albany won a huge jackpot? Man I wish I worked there! So, it can happen.
A couple of years ago, I put together a list of “tips” to help pick winning Powerball numbers, so I thought I would share it again. Remember, it’s not a guarantee strategy, just some helpful hints! Hey, if it were a guarantee, I would have won already!
Here are the tips:
- For the first 5 numbers: Choose a mix of even and odd numbers in your Powerball ticket. You can pick either two even and three odd numbers or three even and two odd numbers.
- Mix it up! Pick high and low numbers! It’s RARE for all teens or all 50’s to come up.
- Here is one I found VERY interesting: Add your numbers up, make sure that the sum of the five numbers adds up to between 111 and 189. Sums that fall within that range account for over 70 percent of all winning tickets! Who knew!
- Go to the Powerball website and look over past winning numbers. You are looking for patterns. Either numbers that are missing often (don’t play them..coolers) or numbers that come up often (HOT numbers..play them).
- Pools: Office pools are popular when jackpots reach record levels. Clearly the more tickets you have, the higher your chances of winning. Most major jackpots are won by groups. Sure you have to share…but $403 million is a high enough number to split.
- Buying Tickets: Hey – you gotta be in it to win it, right? Get them early and avoid the lines. If you go last minute, you may get cut off from purchasing! Machines close 9 p.m. on drawing days!!
Good Luck Capital Region!! I hope someone here wins it!!