Thoughts Had While Currently Binge Watching: Game of Thrones
I thought this might be a good thing to start since I "binge watch" so frequently. Notice I'm okay admitting this because I don't feel like this is looked down upon these days. We all find ourselves doing it, don't we? A television show pops up on Netflix, you remember the previews when it initially started 5 seasons ago on whatever network so you decide, "Yeah, sure, why not." That's when suddenly Netflix asks "Hey, are you still watching?" after you've hit episode 7 and your entire Saturday is gone. Don't be ashamed. We've all been there. Unshowered, with potato chip crumbs on our t-shirts wondering where the day went.
I know exactly where the day went, it went to Game of Thrones. Well, at least this past weekend it did. I'm currently starting season 2 of the HBO series that people seem to be completely obsessed over. A fantasy land of Lords and dragons and hierarchy. I get it, I really do. I mean, I didn't at first but once you're invested the drama is overwhelming.
Here are some thoughts I had watching Season 1 of Game of Thrones:
- I better like this crap.
- Whoa, what the hell was that?!
- Did he call her a white walker? Wait, is this like The Walking Dead???
- Ew. Bloody.
- Oh, that kid's cute...look at him climbing around.
- Don't get mad at him for climbing, hello, do you have any idea how many kids are video game obsessed today? Oh, right fantasy land.
- That dwarf dude gets some serious action.
- Wait - aren't they brother and sister? (goes on imdb.com to confirm character names) EW!
- Oh, that's why he shouldn't be climbing. Poor kid.
- I'm glad I'm not in this world. Women are total punching bags!
- She's totally going to fall for this, Drogo dude. Total Stockholm syndrome.
- Whoa...anyone will kinda do anyone in this show, huh?
- See, there she is, falling for Drogo. Drogo's a no-no, come on!
- Geez, I've never wanted to punch a kid more than I want to punch the Kings son.
- Annnnnnnd, there goes the King. This show will kill anyone off! It IS like The Walking Dead!
- The dungeon has a great view!
- Finally, the Stark family totally needs a break.
- Well, that didn't go as planned, huh? I hate Joffrey. What a spoiled, entitled brat. The Queen has no control over her own kid.
- "Oh, I'm Drogo I'm a bad-a**"
- How is anyone okay with how women and even this Stark girl are treated?!
- Say WHAT?!
- WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?!?!
- I CAN'T EVEN.
- THAT KILLED HIM?!
- DID THEY JUST BEHEAD HIM?!
- WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON?!
- BABY DRAGONS?!
- WHAT IN THE EVER LOVIN...
- *turns off last episode of Season 1*
- I have time for one more episode, I think.
- I'm going to be tired tomorrow.
- It's going to be totally worth it.
- *clicks Season 2 on* Okay, lets do this...