The Best Bedtime Stall Tactics That Children Have Mastered
Madelyn and Turner could teach a class on stalling before bed! Every night I dread bedtime! I didn't used to when they were sweet and snuggly and we read books and cuddled! But it's not like that right now! They are in primetime bedtime stalling mode!
Turns out I'm not alone. The average kid manages to get 19 minutes and 18 seconds of more time AFTER their parents start trying to put them to bed.
According to a recent survey, 66% of kids in the U.S. use stalling methods to stay awake longer... and the parents of the other 44% are lying!
Here are their top seven techniques -
1. Negotiating to stay up longer, which kills time in the process.
2. Saying they're SO hungry or thirsty. (This one is my kids personal favorite!)
3. Flattering you.
4. Moving as slowly as possible.
5. Trying to trick you into letting them stay up. (Another Linderman/Chapman fav!)
6. Pretending they forgot it's time to go to bed
7. Getting naked in protest. (Luckily we don't have to deal with this one at my house!)
What kinds of stall tactics do your kids use? Is there any advice you can give to help me get my kids to sleep faster?