The 8 Best Things to Eat Before You Drink
Nutrition experts came up with a list of the best foods to eat before you go out drinking. And, since Electric City on Tap is coming up on December 5, I thought I'd pass along this important information!
All of these foods will hopefully prevent you from absorbing alcohol too quickly, and they're healthier than something like pizza, or cheeseburgers, if you're me!
Here are the top eight -
1. Milk. It's high in potassium, which you start running low on if you're PEEING a lot. Plus milk is 90% water, so it helps keep you hydrated. Buttttt.... ew, if you're drinking alcohol, right?
2. Yogurt with granola. It lines the inside of your stomach, and your body takes six hours to digest it. Six hours!!
3. Hummus. It lines your stomach like yogurt, and if you eat it with raw vegetables, the nutrients can help prevent a hangover. Plus, so much fiber!
4. Salmon. It's high in B-12, and alcohol can cause a B-12 deficiency. And, it's a pretty color!
5. Spaghetti. It'll absorb some of the alcohol, and the carbs will give you more energy. Like eating a big pasta dinner before a big race!
6. A grilled chicken sandwich. The protein takes a while to digest, which prevents you from getting drunk too quickly. And the carbs give you energy just like the spaghetti.
7. Cereal. Especially if it's high-fiber, because it slows down the absorption of alcohol. I like the blueberry frosted mini-wheats, personally.
8. Eggs. They've got a lot of protein, and amino acids that break down alcohol. For good measure, just add bacon!
So there you have it! 8 foods to cram into your stomach cavity before you come rage with us at Electric City on Tap! 150 different craft brews and ciders to enjoy! You're gonna need that yogurt!
Click here for more info on Electric City on Tap! I'll see you there!