Strong Storms Expected In Our Area
Looks like we may have some some nasty storms hitting our area this afternoon and evening. The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a potentially significant damaging wind event across much of our listening area for later today.
The potential for severe weather reminds us of the importance of being properly prepared. Preparation can help protect your family and property in the face of severe weather and emergencies.
A few tips to keep in mind:
- put away or tie down outdoor furniture;
- properly secure propane tanks;
- check your emergency kit;
- stay away from windows;
- keep some bottles of water on hand; and
- make sure your flashlight is working and that you have spare batteries.
Keep up-to-date with the latest weather information from Today’s Country 107.7 ‘GNA.