Sheryl Crow At Countryfest – Joins Great List Of Acts That Came To Country But Didn’t Start There
Sheryl Crow is off to a great start in her young career as a country artist. She joins a great list of artists that made the move from another type of music into country and had a lot of success. Some of the names on this list will blow you away when you have it hit you in the face that they didn't start their careers in country.
1. Vince Gill - Was with Pure Prairie League a pop act before coming to country full time.
2. Exile - Pop Band that came to country and ruled the charts for a good chunk of the 1980's.
3. Ray Charles- Was a huge star in country as well as pop and rock.
4. Kenny Rogers- Yes Kenny started in pop with the New Christy Minstrels and The First Edition before coming to pop as a solo artist, then country.
5. Darius Rucker- Has scored multiple #1 country hits including his new #1 Wagon Wheel. He was a pop/rock artist for years as lead singer of Hootie and The Blowfish before coming to country full time as a solo artist.
6. Sheryl Crow- Currently moving up the country chart with her first country single "Easy" currently sitting at #27 and climbing fast.
Countryfest 2013 is coming fast. There are only 4,000 tickets remaining for the show and it is going to sell out. If we sell out there will be no tickets at the gate so make sure you don't get shut out and get yours today at the cash register in any Price Chopper Supermarket for $35 (no service charge at Price Chopper) and on WGNA.com. We'll see you at Schaghticoke Fairgrounds on July 13th for 1077 'GNA Countryfest 2013 "Our