Schenectady Street Was Shut Down Due To Gas Leak
A section of Strong Street in Schenectady was shut down for awhile earlier today, after there were reports of a strong smell of gas.
The odor was traced to a vacant house at 1029 Strong Street. Crews from the Schenectady Fire Department got to the scene first and shut down the road. When crews from National Grid arrived, they proceeded to shut the gas service off at the home, and waited for the Schenectady Police to get there. It was believed that there may have been a break in at the home.
According to the story from CBS 6 Albany, the area was given an all clear signal, and there’s no risk to anyone.