Save Cash On Your July 4th BBQ with These 5 Tips
Is it just me or did the July 4th weekend totally sneak up on us? If you're like me, you're planning a BBQ and you want to save a little cash on it! Duh!
Here are a few tips from some experts on saving some cash while planning your event -
1. Figure out how many people are REALLY coming. I know it's hard to get people to commit to anything these days, but if you can get a good count, you'll have fewer leftovers and less wasted food.
2. Don't just serve meat. You can grill corn on the cob, and cut up a fresh watermelon. or think outside of the box - like a taco station or potluck BBQ!
3. Choose a cheaper cut of meat. Just make sure you tenderize them in a marinade overnight! Look for London broil, flatiron steaks, or chicken thighs. Yummmmy!
4. Drop the drink costs. Do water, soda, and a big vat of sangria or a yummy punch. Or completely cheap out and make it BYOB.
5. Skip the disposables. Paper plates, plastic utensils, and Solo cups make cleaning up faster, but they cost more than washing your own dishes. Time to get your hubby to do the dishes! ;-)
Have a safe and happy July 4th!